Let’s face it: your people know what to do when it comes to how to treat other people, but they don’t always do it. They don’t need more information or training—they need motivation. This is where I can be helpful: closing the gap between what they know and what they actually do.
During my travels as a professional motivational speaker, I get to meet people from all walks of life. And often times I find pearls of wisdom from the most unlikely sources.
Vice-President, McCormick & Schmick’s Restaurants
Brad got the group energized. And I have to tell you that of all of the speakers that we’ve had over the last three or four conferences since we’ve renewed this process, Brad just blew them all out of the water. He was absolutely the best, the funniest, the most engaging, the most entertaining. And as a result the message gets across real easy.
Founder & CEO, McComick & Schmick’s Restaurants
And I have to tell you, it was so impactful. And what was very special about his presentation was that he took the time to understand the issues and our culture and so he customized the approach and put the emphasis on the primary issues that were what our meeting was all about. And it was just so meaningful to have a key note speaker bring people into laughter, but also make it a meaningful quality presentation.
I’ll tell you one of the best things about it was the great connection he made with our people. I mean he was able to weave his message and all of his comedy and his magic and so on into our industry into our specific corporate culture which was absolutely critical. I mean everybody got his message and made a very specific connection for it.
Oooh. There are so many. We’ll give you three quickie mistakes:
1. Don’t hire a speaker simply to fill up a space in your meeting or convention. Hire a speaker to help you accomplish a specific goal; to create a specific behavior change; to deliver a specific message.
Not sure how best to use Brad? No sweat…just ask us and we’ll give you some ideas how to not just hire a motivational speaker, but to accomplish a goal. We’ll help you make your meeting a mad success.
2. Make sure your speaker is able to customize his program to your people, your group, your needs and your goals. You need somebody relevant to your audience. And without some customization that’s pretty much impossible.
Brad customizes his programs. Your people will experience something that can’t be repeated. (Yes…. it’s an experience. It’s not a speech.)
Remaining of Text
We talked about this before: you need to check the testimonials and references. But in addition, we’re convinced that you need to chat with your potential motivational speaker. On the phone. No secretaries. No speakers bureaus. You need to talk direct. Does he seem pleasant? Does he seem to understand your needs? Is he willing to shape his program around your needs, desired outcomes and goals? Does he feel more like a partner or more like a contractor?
Three Reasons To Hire a Colorado Speaker
1) If your event is in Colorado, you can lower your stress by booking a speaker who is already there. To be honest, after doing
this job for two plus decades, I’ve NEVER had a problem getting to a job. (Ok, one time…but only once.) But nearly every time my meeting planner clients are worried about my travel. Will the plane take off on time? Will there be a glitch with the travel? Will the weather cause cancellations? But when they know that I’m already in town, they can take a deep breath and worry about more important things.
2) You can save some real money on expenses and travel if you book a speaker who won’t have any. My travel and expenses range from $400 to $1200. That’s enough money to at least consider.
3) I live in Colorado, and I’m a darned good speaker with a long and solid track record. If you decide to book a Colorado speaker, you can book me.
Looking for a motivational speaker for your event? Contact me here.
Colorado Speaker, Motivational Speaker, Native Coloradoan
Related Links and Articles:
Brad’s Blog…read about Colorado Speakers there.
Colorado speaker on Brad’s other speaker site.
Colorado Speaker welcome on Youtube
Brad in the Coloradoan Newspaper: https://www.bradmontgomery.com///states/coloradoan
Preview video on YouTube
Brad worked for the Denver Broncos. See the testimonial video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cr6chlr27ic
Colorado Speaker Home