Entrepreneur & Magician DANNY ARCHER
DID DANNY ARCHER Really Do ALL of These Things?
Danny Archer is a very successful, interesting and awesome dude. He is a serial entrepreneur, a world-class magician, and is currently knee-deep in running and owning the Smoke and Mirrors Theater in Philadelphia.
There were so many wonderful parts of this interview, I encourage you to listen to it all. Danny is such an interesting guy. But allow me to offer up a few highlights:
• Danny started his niche, 60 seat theater 2 1/2 years before the pandemic. Amazing. He fessed up to having a higher than average risk tolerance. And I would say anybody who starts a small business is brave. Anybody who starts a small theater is braver. And the fact that he’s had success it’s just wildly impressive to me.
• The coronavirus has been tough on all of us. To Danny it means that the theater has been closed nearly 1/2 of the time he’s owned it. Danny is proud of the fact that he’s still in business and the theatre is starting to recover. But hearing just what a massive hit his business suffered during the pandemic was really impactful to me. Well done, Danny!
• Danny had a heart attack while doing a magic show at his theater. That story is near the end of the podcast…you just have to hear it.
• Danny told a touching story about his wife being TOTALLY supportive of his decision to go into magic full time. It was striking how totally supportive she was. (And is.) There is a cliche about every successful person has the support of some awesome partner. Danny and his ex-wife fit this perfectly!
• My favorite part of the interview was hearing two contrasting stories about two contrasting magical mentors. In the first story Danny asked a seasoned magician for help, and that older magician literally blew cigar smoke into Danny’s face and was absolutely discouraging. But years later, Danny had an opposite experience: another seasoned magician gave Danny some very solid advice that helped set him on the correct path towards becoming a world class magician. The best part? Danny had a chance later in life to tell off the first magician, but decided it wouldn’t be worth it. But when he had a chance to tell the second magician about how he had made such a positive impact, Danny jumped on the opportunity. To me this was such an excellent example of why Danny is a very wonderful human being.
Well done, Danny. It’s an honor to know you. Thanks for making this podcast special!
Funny Motivational Magician Speaker: Bio of Brad Montgomery
Brad Montgomery is many things. He’s funny. He’s a leadership expert. He’s a motivational speaker for health care, Realtors and Real Estate Speaker, a funny motivational keynoter, and a really funny magician.
Oh yeah. That’s important. His clients think he is funny. Really funny.
If you’re looking for a keynote speaker who can rock your meeting or convention with a tidal wave of positive energy, contact us today and we’ll talk about customizing one of Brad’s keynote speeches for your organization.