Corporate and association audiences invest many thousands of dollars in their meetings and conventions. Meeting costs, food, travel, decor, hotel, trainers, coffee breaks and lost man-hours add up. So investing enough to get a speaker who you can absolutely count on hitting a home run for your opening or closing session is well worth the investment. (Imagine the opposite: a well-planned and expensive convention can be nearly ruined if you close with a weak speaker and a not-so-great keynote speech.)
I like to compare it to the memory of a restaurant visit. If we go to a restaurant and ONE food item was way above average, we fondly remember the great food at the entire meal. For example, if the salad was amazing… absolutely astounding… we will leave that meal with the impression that ALL of the food was excellent. Even if the rest of the meal was only average.
In this way, conventions are like restaurants. If the closing keynote motivational speaker rocked; and I mean ROCKED; your meeting attendees will leave that convention feeling great about themselves, their futures…. And great about that meeting. They will love the meeting if they love the speakers.
The opposite is true. To leave out the restaurant metaphor, if your keynote speaker stinks, the entire conference will be perceived as lousy.
So investing in a keynote speaker who can deliver a professional, top-of-the-line motivational speech insures that the general investment in the convention will succeed. Yes… motivational speakers can appear expensive…. But meeting planners and their audiences believe they are well worth the investment.
Are Motivational Speakers Rates Flexible? Will they Negotiate?
You might as well ask! In my case, my fees are more or less set. But again, it never hurts to ask. Occasionally speakers – including me – will give a discount for:
- More than one program at the same meeting
- Multiple programs with the same client
- For clients who support my pet charities.
- For clients who will be flexible with their times, allowing me to work two programs in the same day.
- For clients who will “trade out” goods or services ( or a portion of them.)
- For clients who are working in a fun place (read that: resort!) and will provide a few extra days at the hotel –and fly my wife and (maybe even my kids) out.
- Who knows? It never hurts my feelings and sometimes we are able to come up with a creative idea that makes sense to us both that can save money for your budget.
- For clients who purchase a significant number of my products.
How do we find the rates for any specific motivational speaker?
You just gotta call. Rates can flex a great deal depending on what it is you want from your motivational speaker, how much preparation time your event involves, how hard it is to get to your venue (If you are booking a date in Fairbanks, AK or in Paris, France you might have to pay a premium) and a dozen other variables.
My rates flex a ton too…. Give us a call. We’d love to talk to you, and we don’t bite (hard anyway.) And we can specifically answer your rates questions.Call us at 303.691.0726 or go to the contact page now.