COMEDIAN AND SPEAKER Nancy Norton
Nancy Norton Talks Shop
Nancy Norton is a very funny person. She has been a comedian since 1992, and has worked on TV and in clubs all across the country. Also, she happens to be a really big deal in her hometown of Denver, Colorado. Nancy Norton is also a very fun human. I loved having her on the podcast.
We talked about so many things. Too many to cover here — I totally encourage you to listen to the recording. But here are a few highlights.
• Nancy did comedy virtually during the pandemic and has a really cool set up. Wait ’till you hear her sound effects.
• She has won two massive and prestigious comedy contests. Seattle…but also Boston where she was the first female winner. Ever. That’s a super cool credential.
• Hearing about how the contests work was so fascinating. Hearing how she managed her time — and her nerves — and what she thought put her over the top was super interesting. Among other things, it turns out Nancy is really smart.
• Nancy Norton is also a motivational speaker, where she draws on her experience as a single mom, a nurse (she keeps her credentials up!) and as a comedian to help her audiences better deal with life, their jobs, and their relationships.
• She talked about being an older comedian. (She’s been working in comedy for a long time.)
• She talked about coming out as a lesbian in the ’90s. And how she came out on Evening at the Improv before Rosie and Ellen…and she is crazy proud of that, her ability to be vulnerable … And how that changed things with her mom.
• She CHOSE to not work on national TV because of her Mom. Wow. What a story.
In the end it was confirmed: Nancy Norton is awesome. She’s warm, kind, smart, thoughtful, empathetic, and …as we’ve said… Very very funny.
Thanks for joining me, Nancy. It was a hoot!
Bio of a Comedian Motivational Speaker
Comedian Motivational Keynote Speaker Brad Montgomery is an award-winning and very funny speaker. He speaks to audiences across the globe (and across the USA), and is based in Denver, Colorado.
Although he speaks to audiences in nearly every industry, he is known as a funny health care speaker, a education speaker for teachers, a real estate speaker, and a sales speaker. He got his start as a magician & comedian, but now is known almost exclusively as keynote speaker.
He speaks both at live, in-person events, as well as online and virtually as a zoom speaker. No matter what you’re trying to accomplish with your audience, if you’re ready to invest in your people, give us a call now.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!