Welcome to the “Humor in the Workplace” Blog Carnival! I’ll be your Ringmaster and each month I’ll direct your attention to various rings, where you’ll read the latest experiences, stories, ideas, tricks and wisdom relating to Humor in the Workplace.
What is “Humor in the Workplace”? No, I’m not talking about the time your colleague fell asleep at his desk and went to the staff meeting with keyboard impressions on his face……..though that is funny – post it and we’ll put it in. I’m looking for the latest blog posts about:
- Office Humor. What you’ve seen or experienced AND how that experience has effected your work culture;
- Office Pranks and Gags. What you’ve seen or experienced, and what the effect is on your work culture;
- Techniques and ideas for those wanting to incorporate more humor at work;
- Examples of the worst possible work culture and how that culture needs a sense of humor;
- Anything else you think is related to Humor in the Workplace. If you are able to connect fun and work, it will be considered for this Carnival.
- Examples of humor with management and leadership in the office setting.
What is a Blog Carnival? As defined by Wikipedia, “A blog carnival is a type of blog event. It is similar to a magazine, in that it is dedicated to a particular topic, and is published on a regular schedule, often weekly or monthly. Each edition of a blog carnival is in the form of a blog article that contains permalinks to other blog articles on the particular topic.
Blog carnivals are a great way for bloggers to recognize each other’s efforts, organize blog posts around important topics, and improve the overall level of conversation in the blogosphere. They also serve as a place to connect with those who are expert (or at least highly opinionated!) and those who are interested in that field.
Why participate in a blog carnival? Simple.
First of all, it’s cool to have a single clearinghouse for related articles about Humor in the Workplace. And this carnival will help others find you. In addition, you’ll get backlinks (incoming links to your blog). The more backlinks your blog has, the higher rating in search engines. Plus it’s just fun!
How to participate? Submit your posts by clicking here or via the “Humor in the Workplace Blog Carnival” submission box below or email a link to your blog post. All we ask is that you link back to this carnival on your blog – I’ve got a super-cool button coming soon!
Thanks for playing! Now let’s have some fun!